On the Product Categories screen you will be able to
1. If not already logged in, click on the + in the top right hand corner of your site
and login using the form provided.
2. Click on the gears in the top left hand corner to expand the toolbar and hit the Ecommerce Icon and then the Products button.
3. If you have not already added any products, you will see a modal popup containing a button inviting you to add a product. Click on this to create your first product. If you had already created a product you can click on the "Add Product" tab at the top.
4. Adding a new product involves simply completing the add product form as shown below.
- The SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) of the product is the unique identifier for that item. Make sure these are unique or you're going to run into stock control issues.
- Price is the numerical value representing the amount you will be charging for the product in the currency of your choice (set in Ecommerce Settings).
- Product Name is the text that will be shown on the site as the title / label of the product (what you call it).
- Category is the grouping into which you designate your product. Categories are specified in Manage Categories.
- Product weight is the mass of the product and is specified in the unit of measure you have designated for your site in Ecommerce Settings.
- The short description of your product is a summarised explanation of your product.
- The description is where you will enter the full detail about your product.
- The images area will allow you to upload multiple images from your computer. Click on the button you will be taken to the file manager to upload and select the images.
5. Click on Add Product to commit your product to the site.
If you would like to edit an existing product you can simply click on the pencil icon to the right of it's name and you will be presented to a screen similar to that when creating a product, only it will show the existing values of that product's attributes.